NEW ORLEANS (AP) — A federal appeals court is deciding whether a government agency has the authority to permit fish farming in federal waters.
A federal judge in New Orleans has already said the National Marine Fisheries Service lacks the authority to draw up regulations for offshore fish farms.
An attorney for commercial and recreational fishing interests, food safety advocates and conservationists agreed in arguments Monday.
He said Congress must first address the complicated issues involved.
A three-judge panel of the 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals heard the case and is expected to rule later this year.
- How much do tickets to Super Bowl LV in Tampa cost right now?
- NFC Matchups: Where else to start but Brady and Rodgers?
- El presidente Joe Biden firma ordenes ejecutivas para impulsar la ayuda económica
- High School boys basketball scores and highlights
- High School girls basketball scores and highlights