Gorman family credits hero dog for saving them from devastating house fire

News

GORMAN Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Around 9 p.m. Tuesday, an electrical fire broke out at the Hogans’ house in Gorman.

Simon being treated for burns

The oldest daughter in the home, Sadie Allen, was alerted to the flames by their newest rescue dog Simon, who was yelping at the flames in their garage. Simon is at the vet and is expected to make it though the family is not sure if they can cover his bills.

Allen says had it not been for the dog’s cries, the fire may have trapped them and burned her youngest sister, who was getting ready for bed just near where the flames started.

Upon seeing the flames, 18-year-old Allen sprinted inside and alerted her family to the danger, kicking in doors to save her siblings and pets.

“I got scared, but I knew I had to yell My little sister, my little sister would have gotten burnt in that shower.” Said Allen.

Emergency services were called once all six residents were safe on the front lawn. After 3 hours of firefighting, the house was deemed a total loss.

A GoFundMe account has been set up by the family with a goal of $30,000 to help rebuild their lives.

A Facebook auction has also been orchestrated by town residents, the proceeds of which will go to the family.

Simon is being treated for his burns at the Palo Pinto Vet Clinic in mineral wells. They are accepting donations to cover the cost of care. To donate money to help with Simon call 940-208-0012.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

KRBC News

Trending stories