CHICAGO — A Chicago woman infected with novel coronavirus has infected her husband, health officials confirmed Thursday.
Tis is the first person-to-person spread of coronavirus in the United States, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said. This is also the second confirmed case of coronavirus in Illinois.
The woman, who is in her 60s, recently traveled to Wuhan, China, to take care of her sick father. Her husband did not travel to China.
The woman is currently under quarantine at AMITA Health St. Alexius Medical Center in Hoffman Estates.
The husband is also hospitalized in stable condition, but health officials did not say where.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- AYSA All-Youth Expo coming up in April
- KRBC Wednesday Evening Forecast: Chillier tomorrow with more seasonal temps by the weekend!
- Sweet and intelligent 15-year-old Adriana looking for her ‘Forever Family’
- Lowrance, Roye win TPC San Antonio Shootout, McMurry finishes second
- ‘Real world’ test of Pfizer COVID vaccine confirms effectiveness at preventing illness, even after single dose