(CNN) – Experts are weighing in on how plant-based milk stacks up against cow’s milk for kids.
New health guidelines say most children under five should avoid plant-based milk.
That’s because milk made from rice, coconut, oats, or other blends may not have the key nutrients kids need in their early developmental stages.
Kids should also avoid diet drinks, flavored milks, sugary drinks, and limit how much juice they drink.
The recommendations come from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Economy of Pediatrics, and the American Heart Association.
- Pelosi: Trump’s conduct is ‘so much worse’ than Nixon’s
- The world thought a painting was destroyed in WWII. It was hanging in a Connecticut home
- Virginia teacher’s assistant sentenced in sex abuse sting
- Saturday, November 16: A warm Saturday with sunshine; temperatures in 66-69 degrees
- Abilene school gives back to veterans