(CNN) – Experts are weighing in on how plant-based milk stacks up against cow’s milk for kids.
New health guidelines say most children under five should avoid plant-based milk.
That’s because milk made from rice, coconut, oats, or other blends may not have the key nutrients kids need in their early developmental stages.
Kids should also avoid diet drinks, flavored milks, sugary drinks, and limit how much juice they drink.
The recommendations come from the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, the American Economy of Pediatrics, and the American Heart Association.
- Police reform: Congress working to reach compromise to move forward
- Second stimulus check: Dems urge McConnell to end recess, take up COVID-19 relief bill
- Groom Named ASC Woman of the Year Nominee
- Texas teachers react to new guidelines set by the Texas Education Agency
- Brown Co. reports 30 new COVID-19 cases