GALVESTON, Texas (AP) — Health officials say a woman has become the third person in Texas to die from a lung disease associated with a national outbreak of vaping-related illnesses.
The Galveston County Health District said Monday the woman, who was 30 to 35 years old, died on Dec. 29 at a local hospital.
Officials say the woman was a resident of Galveston County, located southeast of Houston, but declined to release any further details about her.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported nearly 2,600 vaping-related illnesses and at least 55 deaths nationwide.
In Texas, officials have reported 236 vaping-related illnesses.
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020: Unseasonably warm weather continues with big changes coming
- Unseasonable conditions linger
- Wake-Up Weather: Mild and breezy morning makes for another warm afternoon
- Big Country farmer growing sunflowers after struggling during cotton season
- Texas coronavirus cases, hospitalizations continue to soar