GALVESTON, Texas (AP) — Health officials say a woman has become the third person in Texas to die from a lung disease associated with a national outbreak of vaping-related illnesses.
The Galveston County Health District said Monday the woman, who was 30 to 35 years old, died on Dec. 29 at a local hospital.
Officials say the woman was a resident of Galveston County, located southeast of Houston, but declined to release any further details about her.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has reported nearly 2,600 vaping-related illnesses and at least 55 deaths nationwide.
In Texas, officials have reported 236 vaping-related illnesses.
- Cooper boys and girls defeat Coronado and other scores around Abilene
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- Brief reunion coming for husband, pregnant wife separated between Abilene & Netherlands by COVID-19, visa issues