ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — With just more than one week left until Thanksgiving, Hendrick Hospice Care is preparing for Christmas, as representatives are now taking donations for their annual Light Up a Life Campaign.
Donations are being accepted at their Christmas tree in the Mall of Abilene.
Residents are invited to write the name of a loved one on a paper light bulb
as a tribute for the person, and a way to raise money for hospice care.
“We get to hear the wonderful stories and the different lives that we’ve touched by being able to provide end-of-life care for these patients and their families, and so that’s a lot of what we do, is just be invisible, that way that gives them that opportunity to voice their appreciation as well as purchase or give back,” says Melissa Luton, Hedrick Hospice Care.
The Hospice Tree will be in the Mall of Abilene thru the Christmas shopping season.
- High School Boys Basketball Scores and Highlights: January 24, 2020
- High School Girls Basketball Scores and Highlights: January 24, 2020
- U.S. mayors say their cities need money, infrastructure at meeting with Pres. Trump
- Friday, January 24: A beautifully bright sunny day with calm winds. Windy weather returns tomorrow
- Family of fallen soldier going to Super Bowl thanks to 49ers’ George Kittle