ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Tomorrow, local groups are coming together for a parade celebrating 16 de Septiembre or Mexican Independence Day. We learn about the festivities and how you can join them.
September 16 marks the 210 anniversary of “the cry (el grito) of independence.” Mexico’s independence day is celebrated across the world and Abilene is not the exception.
Details of the event:
The event is set to take place Wednesday, September 16. To join the parade, meet at San Vincent Palloti Catholic Church, the line up begins at 5:00 pm; the parade starts at 5:30 pm., and it ends at Sears Park.
There will be performances by local ballet folklorico groups, and mariachi.
For more information you can contact Aida Pantoja (325)-721-1568.
- NFL legend Joe Montana stops home intruder who tried to kidnap his grandchild
- Pregnant woman struck, killed by gunfire during argument with boyfriend, police say
- Poison control officials warn of hand sanitizer that could be mistaken as children’s food pouches
- Second stimulus checks: Pelosi optimistic sides can agree on new aid package
- Dyess airman, 2 civilians hailed as heroes for rescuing man from burning car