AMSTERDAM, Netherlands (CNN) — A child prodigy from Belgium is on course to gain a bachelor’s degree at 9-years-old.
Laurent Simons is studying electrical engineering at the Eindhoven University of Technology. It’s a tough course even for students of an average graduate age.
Simons plans to embark on a PhD program in electrical engineering while also studying for a medicine degree after graduating in December.
His parents say they are careful to make sure he gets to enjoy being a child.
“We don’t want him to get too serious. He does whatever he likes,” his father, Alexander Simons told CNN. “We need to find a balance between being a child and his talents.”
Laurent says he has already worked out what he wants to do with his life after he’s finished in school, develop artificial organs.
- Texas electric utility hit with $2.1B ERCOT bill, files bankruptcy
- Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick calls for PUC Chair, ERCOT CEO resignations
- Emails show ‘rich donors’ threatened to pull donations if University of Texas dropped ‘Eyes of Texas’ song
- Abilene Airport to receive $1.2M in coronavirus relief funds
- Walmart removes $35 minimum order requirement for Express delivery service