(AP) — An American family returning to the U.S. from Mexico has come under attack just south of Texas, with armed gunmen killing a 13-year-old and wounding three others.
The attorney general’s office in the state of Tamaulipas said the child was a U.S. citizen and that the parents were permanent residents of the U.S. It didn’t identify them further.
The highway on which they were shot Saturday is considered high risk.
It runs through an area that’s disputed by criminal groups including the Gulf Cartel and Zetas.
- AHS swept, Cooper and Wylie split Tuesday
- Pregnant women should not take Moderna vaccine, WHO advises
- Winner of ‘Worst Cooks in America’ arrested in death of adopted 3-year-old daughter
- Texas man arrested in Capitol riot, another stays in custody
- Don’t fall for these mistakes when betting the Super Bowl