ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Taylor County native Jeff Dressen has announced his candidacy for Taylor County Commissioner Precinct 3.
Dressen was raised in Taylor County and graduated from Wylie High School before attending Texas Tech.
He returned to the Big Country and is now a mortgage banker living in Buffalo Gap. He says he wants the challenge of politics.
“I really hope to continue to help it develop and grow economically and then roads, bridges, everybody knows that’s what’s really important, but to take the budget and set forth and use the taxpayers dollars wisely, and how it should be spent,” Dressen says.
Dressen hopes to replace current Precinct 3 Commissioner Brad Brichum, who is seeking reelection.
- City and county officials react to Governor Abbott’s new order mandating masks
- Watch fireworks online: How to enjoy 4th of July amid coronavirus pandemic
- House coronavirus panel examines medical companies’ concerns over PPE shortages
- Doctors offer firework safety tips ahead of Fourth of July
- Trade relationship tested after USMCA goes into effect during pandemic