ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The City of Abilene has released a list of closures and cancellations for Wednesday.
In a news release issued Tuesday evening, the city says the following closings/cancellations will occur:
- The Health District has cancelled the COVID-19 vaccination clinics scheduled for the week of February 15th through 19th. Staff will contact individuals with appointments to reschedule.
- City offices are closed through the 19th.
- CityLink will not operate Wednesday, 2/17/21.
- Trash collection is cancelled for Wednesday, 2/17/21. Service beyond that is yet to be determined. Landfill is closed until Thursday.
City office closures through Friday, Feb. 19 include:
- City Hall
- Public Health District
- Community Services Office
- Convention Center Offices
- Development Corporation of Abilene
- Airport Administration Office
- Recreation & Senior Service Centers
- Animal Shelter
- Police & Fire Administration Offices
- Solid Waste Services Offices
- Environmental Recycling Center, Brush Center, & Citizens Convenience Center
- Municipal Court – citations for the week will be due next week with no penalty
- Mockingbird Library
- Main Library
- South Branch Library
- Abilene Zoo
The city also says there are currently no updates on water restoration. They would like to urge everyone to refrain from using tap water while the system regenerates, even if they are getting something through the tap (and of course to boil before consumption, but the stress is still on keeping faucets closed).