ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – 130 homes were damaged by a tornado that devastated Abilene Saturday morning.
Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster complied statistics from the 130 affected homes, and here’s what they found:
- 66% have roof damage that will require professional repair
- 72% were rented homes and do not likely have coverage for content damage
- 47% were occupied by at least one elderly person
- 36% were occupied by at least one child under the age of 10
- 10.6% were occupied by a person with disability
The Community Foundation of Abilene and the United Way of Abilene have teamed up to create the Abilene Relief Fund. Just visit AbileneRelief.org to make a donation!
An anonymous donor has agreed to match $50,000 in donations raised!
Tonight from 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., KTAB and KRBC will joint-host a special live TV (and online) event to raise additional donations.