Barbecue grill sparks 5 backyard fires in Abilene

Local News
grass fires_1548109160333.jpg.jpg

ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Neighbors in an Abilene housing area helped extinguish several backyard fires early Monday afternoon.

According to the Abilene Fire Department, a barbecue grill sparked the flames that then spread to four other backyards in the 5100 block of Many Waters in the Bunny Run housing area.

Neighbors then helped extinguish the fire with garden hoses and “pool water” before any homes or fences were damaged.

Authorities say one person was treated for smoke inhalation but did not go to the hospital.

Battalion Chief Jim Moore warns that anyone who cooks outdoors should exercise caution due to dry winter grass and heavy winds.

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Media Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

Big Country Immigration

More Big Country Immigration

KRBC News

Trending stories