COLEMAN, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The last call a pilot made to air traffic control before he was killed in a plane crash in Coleman County was recorded.
In the audio track attached to the video above, you can hear the pilot of a Beechcraft King Air with tail number N860J telling control, “we may need to turn back to Abilene. Our. . . equipment is kind of faulty. I’m playing with it right now.”
He references faulty equipment several times during the call before he stops replying to the control center around 6:00 a.m.
Crews eventually determined he crash-landed on the west side of Lake Coleman, and when searchers finally located the crash, they discovered the pilot and his two passengers deceased.
The NTSB is now investigating.
Check back with BigCountryHomepage for the latest information.
- Gov. Abbott orders state parks to close
- NYC virus deaths exceed 3,200, topping toll of 9/11 attacks
- Western Heritage Classic canceled due to COVID-19 pandemic
- Scientists are reporting promising results for a new drug to treat COVID-19
- Wife of Illinois mayor cited for violating stay-at-home order after attending bar party, police say