COLEMAN, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The last call a pilot made to air traffic control before he was killed in a plane crash in Coleman County was recorded.
In the audio track attached to the video above, you can hear the pilot of a Beechcraft King Air with tail number N860J telling control, “we may need to turn back to Abilene. Our. . . equipment is kind of faulty. I’m playing with it right now.”
He references faulty equipment several times during the call before he stops replying to the control center around 6:00 a.m.
Crews eventually determined he crash-landed on the west side of Lake Coleman, and when searchers finally located the crash, they discovered the pilot and his two passengers deceased.
The NTSB is now investigating.
Check back with BigCountryHomepage for the latest information.
- Washington Redskins to conduct ‘thorough review’ of team name
- WATCH: Massive alligator spotted in Louisiana
- Attorney: Missing Texas solider was killed at Fort Hood
- Alabama scuba diver hooked while diving, reeled to the surface
- Home Depot making changes after noose found in store