JONES COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A search is underway for a second person who is missing where a body was found during flooding in Jones County last week.
Family members and law enforcement have been searching a rural area of Jones County near FM 1226 since Saturday for Hobert Lee Reed, Jr., who they say was in a vehicle with Felix Villegas.
Villegas, 71, of Anson, was found dead near the vehicle during flooding Thursday.
The search for Reed has been conducted on foot, by horse, with cadaver dogs, and via drone and helicopter. Search team members are following a creek in the area.
So far, his body has not been recovered, but several signs – such as one of his shoes and a hat – have been found.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article once additional information is released.
- Jeopardy! shares Thanksgiving message from late host Alex Trebek
- Nurse who came out of retirement to train others dies from COVID-19
- One person killed, another wounded in Black Friday shooting at Arden Fair Mall
- CDC sets meeting on allocation of COVID-19 vaccine
- Regional Round Playoff Scores and Highlights