ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (KRQE) – Volkswagen bids farewell to its iconic beetle after seven decades.
A new 90-second commercial titled “The Last Mile,” features animated cameos from people who helped make the compact car into a cultural icon. The video shows an animated Andy Warhol who created pieces that featured the Beetle and Kevin Bacon, whose “Footloose” character drove a yellow Beetle.
The animated film was scored with a cover of the Beatles hit “Let it Be.” The ad then ends with the car taking flight as a bug with the words,” Where one road ends, another begins.”
The last beetle rolled off the assembly line in July. The company says they are discontinuing the famous car to build new electric vehicles.
- Abilene PD Chief Standridge one of two finalists for same job in San Marcos
- Taylor Co. reports 26 new COVID-19 cases, 13 recoveries
- Woman pleads not guilty, denied bail over Trump ricin letter
- Texas sheriff indicted after probe into Black man’s death
- Abilene ISD to have football players on the field during national anthem