(CNN) – The latest American Girl doll is a surfer girl—and the first American Girl doll ever with a disability.
Joss Kendrick, a 10-year-old surfer and competitive cheerleader from California, is the 2020 American Girl “doll of the year.”
The president of American Girl told USA Today that Joss has congenital hearing loss.
She was born deaf in her left ear and can hear a little out of her right.
The company has already offered dolls that can be fitted with wheelchairs and crutches, but this is the first to have a disability as part of her story.
- American Pickers looking for Texas locations
- Texas begins relaxing some COVID-19 restrictions
- Final autopsy: Fort Hood soldier’s drowning was an accident
- Cooper joins 11 other Big Country teams in Harris Ratings
- Wylie Bulldogs are ready to start the Clay Martin era