SAN FRANCISCO (KRON) – Regular old car honks are so 2019.
Elon Musk is looking ahead to the future and it looks like it’s going to sound a lot different on roadways and freeways.
In a series of tweets Sunday night, Musk teased “customized and movement sounds” for future Tesla owners.
He said one of the sounds would be coconuts, apparently a Monty Python reference, and used both the wind and goat emojis to tease other sounds that would potentially be available, calling them just “the tip of the iceberg.”
A fan interpreted the wind emoji as a fart sound effect, which Musk apparently confirmed.
He also responded to fans’ requests for specific sound effects Sunday night, granting one user’s suggestion that Teslas include “jungle and rainforest sounds.”
Musk also seemed open to the idea that Teslas allow drivers to upload personalized sound clips that would be used for car horns.
Tesla has yet to comment.
Are you excited about these potential new features?
- AIDS survivor shares his experience on World AIDS Day
- Abilene’s First Zoo: A brief history of Oscar Rose Park
- Terror, hate-crime counts mulled for Texas suspects in Vegas for 2-state rampage
- Deadline extended for expired vehicle registrations in Texas
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record