TAMPA, Fla. (CNN) – KFC has avoided the chicken sandwich war currently going on between Popeyes and Chick-fil-A, but it’s latest menu item could be a rival.
KFC will debut the mac and cheese bowl featuring fried popcorn chicken.
The loaded bowls will be added to the chain’s $5 fill-up menu Aug. 26.
For those who live on the wild side, there’s a Nashville hot chicken version as well.
While mac and cheese is nothing new for KFC, this version comes just weeks after Chick-fil-A added its own version of the popular side to menus.
- Monday, September 23, 2019: Scattered thunderstorms today along with summer-like temperatures
- First Day Of Fall: “Tropical Like”
- Wake-Up Weather: Scattered thunderstorms with above average temps
- Sunday, September 22: Isolated showers dampen the Big Country. Clouds, rain chances and summer-like temperatures linger into autumn tomorrow
- Lawyer champions migrant rights in a divided America