(NewsNationNow) — Nestlé Prepared Foods has recalled some Lean Cuisine baked-chicken meal products after complaints about hard, white plastic found among the food, according to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
Approximately 92,206 pounds of the 8 5/8-ounce carton trays of Lean Cuisine baked chicken with “white meat chicken with stuffing, red skin mashed potatoes & gravy.” The products contain the lot code 0246595911 and a “best before” date of October 2021.
Officials were notified of the problem after five complaints about the packaged meals manufactured on Sep. 2 by Nestle, which believes the plastic pieces are from a plastic conveyor belt that broke while producing mashed potatoes in the meals.
- Sources: President Trump lifting COVID-19 travel restrictions on Europe, UK, Brazil
- Bucs with BA: Arians sets stage for Buccaneers-Packers showdown in NFC Championship
- KRBC Monday Evening Forecast: Windy today, cloudy and wet the rest of the week
- 104-year-old Abilene woman recovers from COVID-19
- WATCH: Abilene leaders speak in honor of Martin Luther King Jr.