(CNN) – Business Insider reports McDonald’s plans to add a new chicken option to its nationwide breakfast menu next year.
About half of McDonald’s US locations already have one or two breakfast items featuring chicken.
But Business Insider claims it has seen leaked internal documents that indicate a new chicken dish will appear on McDonald’s breakfast menus across the country in January.
No word on what it might be.
McDonald’s has test-marketed several chicken items recently, both on its breakfast and regular menus.
Wendy’s plans to launch a breakfast menu early next year, which will include a chicken breakfast sandwich.
Some industry watchers say the focus on chicken is a nod to the popularity of Chick-fil-a, and also Popeye’s, which recently debuted a wildly successful new chicken sandwich.
- Northern California prison ordered to release, transfer 50% of inmates due to COVID-19
- Two injured after three-vehicle crash in Hamby
- Wednesday, October 21, 2020: Unseasonably warm weather continues with big changes coming
- Unseasonable conditions linger
- Wake-Up Weather: Mild and breezy morning makes for another warm afternoon