(KETK) – McDonald’s has officially decided to go all in and join the chicken sandwich wars.
The chain will be testing a crispy chicken sandwich in Houston and Knockville, Tennessee.
It will feature a fried chicken fillet on a buttery roll, spread with butter and pickles. There is also a deluxe version available, which includes tomatoes, lettuce, and mayonnaise.
This comes just weeks after Popeye’s chicken sandwiches took the nation by storm, leading to a nationwide shortage and long lines at many locations.
That sandwich was created to compete against fast-food giant Chick-Fil-A, which has grown to be one of the top profit-earners in the country, despite being closed on Sundays.
- Single Abilene moms set to open new salon
- Wednesday, December 11: After a cold start, we’ll see upper 50’s for Thursday afternoon
- Hallan en EEUU 3 millones en barriles de carne hacia México
- House approves bill that gives farmworkers right to earn legal status
- U.S. Census Bureau director promotes census job opportunities in Texas