(KETK) – McDonald’s has officially decided to go all in and join the chicken sandwich wars.
The chain will be testing a crispy chicken sandwich in Houston and Knockville, Tennessee.
It will feature a fried chicken fillet on a buttery roll, spread with butter and pickles. There is also a deluxe version available, which includes tomatoes, lettuce, and mayonnaise.
This comes just weeks after Popeye’s chicken sandwiches took the nation by storm, leading to a nationwide shortage and long lines at many locations.
That sandwich was created to compete against fast-food giant Chick-Fil-A, which has grown to be one of the top profit-earners in the country, despite being closed on Sundays.
- Abilene Preservation League takes next step towards restoring Abilene Courts
- Abilene business owners respond to governor’s latest executive orders
- Brown Co. adds 12 positive COVID-19 cases, 2 deaths
- Rangers return to action, hold first practice at Globe Life Field
- Tour de Gap 2020 canceled due to COVID-19 concerns