(WCMH) – There’s a new scam to watch out for.
Within the text, there will be a link that takes you to a fake Amazon page that offers you to take a “free survey.”
The survey will then ask for your credit card information to pay for shipping, and it will automatically sign you up to receive a product each month with a charge of $98.95.
Of course, one of the easy ways to detect this scam is to note what is said in the address bar of the web page.
For example, if the web address has Amazon or FedEx in the name, it is likely OK.
However, if it doesn’t note the companies and displays a web page claiming to be one of those companies, it is likely a scam.
- Senior citizens injured after teens fire paintballs at them in California
- Parents of autistic children push for reduced penalty for assaulting police
- Louisville mayor: 2 officers shot are recovering
- Child killed, 3 others injured in Oklahoma house explosion, officials say
- ‘I honestly teared up’: Man finds massive 9 carat diamond at Arkansas park