(KRON) – Use Yahoo?
You can now file a claim for a piece of the $117.5 million class-action settlement related to massive data breaches.
According to USA Today, if you had a Yahoo account between Jan. 1, 2012 and Dec. 31, 2016 – you can get two years of free credit monitoring services by AllClear ID or up to $358.
That’s including traditional Yahoo email or accounts on Yahoo Fantasy Sports, Yahoo Finance, Tumblr and Flickr.
According to the settlement website, in Aug. 2013, “malicious actors were able to gain access to Yahoo’s user database and took records for all existing Yahoo accounts,” which was approximately 3 billion.
The data breach wasn’t disclosed until recently and is considered the largest hack in history.
The deadline to file a claim is July 20, 2020.
- Michael Jordan, Jordan Brand announce $100 million donation over next 10 years
- Fourteen charged for meth, marijuana trafficking ring in Brownwood
- Informe: un hombre de Abilene abusó sexualmente de varios menores, incluida una niña a la que se le encomendó dar “una vida mejor”
- UPDATE: Abilene police seeking information on alleged child abuser, additional victims possible
- Abilene elementary teacher becomes 15,000th graduate of WGU Texas