Rodents cause north Abilene house fire

Main News
FIRE OTS_1440173066739_4155699_ver1.0_640_360_1486326592199.jpg

ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Rodents started a fire that caused $5,000 worth of damage to a north Abilene home Thursday morning. 

A press release from the Abilene Fire Department states the fire began after rodents chewed through wiring in the attic of a home on the 1800 block of Grape Street just after 9:30 a.m. 

Smoke was seen coming from the eaves of the home when firefighters arrived on scene, but crews were able to contain the flames to the attic and quickly got the fire under control. 

Investigators were able to determine the rodent-chewed wiring caused an electrical malfunction, which started the fire, according to the press release. 

Copyright 2021 Nexstar Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.

Don't Miss

More Don't Miss

KRBC News