AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Police in Austin say the man accused of stabbing two people at a restaurant and killing a manager has died.
Police said Monday that 27-year-old DylanWoodburn died Friday night after jumping off the roof of the building.
Police Chief Brian Manley says an internal investigation is underway after Woodburn broke free from an officer who had tried to detain him at a coffee shop on Friday morning.
According to police, Woodburn then ran into a restaurant and stabbed two employees.
Police say the restaurant’s kitchen manager, 34-year-old Johnathan Aguilar, died in the attack.
- Texas woman asked to take down ‘inappropriate’ skeleton display in front yard
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Is it already too late to mail in your 2020 Election ballot?
- Dr. Fauci says COVID-19 vaccine won’t be available until January, warns U.S. is ‘not in a good place’ as cases spike