JONES COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A man was found dead in a flooded field in Jones County Thursday morning.
According to a news release issued by the Jones County Sheriff’s Office (JCSO), crews found the man Thursday morning after locating an abandoned car Wednesday night.
JCSO says they responded to a call about an abandoned vehicle that was found just off a roadway “in high level and rapid moving water,” on Wednesday.
Crews from the Anson Volunteer Fire Department, Texas Game Wardens and Anson EMS assisted JCSO and determined there was no one in the vehicle.
Due to the weather conditions and rapidly-moving, high level of water, the crews were instructed to return Thursday morning.
With the help of a citizen and their drone, JCSO located the man in a flooded field, where he was retrieved.
No information regarding the identity of the man has been released.
Stick with BigCountryHomepage.com for more information as it becomes available.
- Patriots look to rebound as they host 2-0 Raiders
- Live musical performances continue at Play Faire Park
- ‘She is the female Scalia’: Lawmakers react to President Trump picking Amy Coney Barrett to replace RBG
- Saturday Evening Forecast: A Final September Cold Front.
- México envía bomberos para ayudar combatir incendios en California