ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Taylor County Sheriff’s Office (TCSO) arrested a man on several charges after a traffic stop Thursday.
TCSO says deputies stopped a late-model Chevrolet pickup in the 1300 block of Chestnut for driving with an expired registration.
The driver was 30-year-old Jesus Salazar-Rivera, who was taken into custody for possession of a prohibited weapon (sawed-off shotgun), delivery of a controlled substance, methamphetamine, and immigration.
TCSO says Salazar-Rivera has been stopped and returned to Mexico twice before Thursday’s arrest, and is being held without bond.
Salazar-Rivera could also be facing federal drug and firearm charges, according to TCSO.
- Sunday, February 16: Another beautiful warm Sunday in the books for Abilene, 78 degrees, Breckenridge 81 degrees
- Sunday Night Forecast: Warm temperatures continuing tomorrow with a cold front moving in by the afternoon.
- McMurry softball splits games in opening day of Edwards Field
- The FCA All Star Festival is set to return once again in the Big Country.
- Tonawanda community shaken after two people die in a crash involving six cars