ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Abilene Mayor Anthony Williams says all nursing homes in the Key City have almost completed testing for COVID-19.
In Thursday’s city council meeting, the mayor said every resident and employee of all the nursing homes in Abilene will have been tested by Friday.
“My understanding is by tomorrow, every nursing home in our community: residents, employees, contractors will be tested,” said Mayor Williams. “I feel good about that. I appreciate all those who have participated in all that hard work.”
On Monday, May 11, Governor Greg Abbott ordered that all residents and staff members of nursing homes in the state be tested for COVID-19.
- Second wave of virus closures wallops California restaurants
- As coronavirus pandemic continues, company shares model of ‘future remote worker’
- CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Father and son respond to driver having medical emergency behind the wheel
- Holiday grilling: Pandemic forces new precautions
- Safety measures to keep in mind this Independence Day weekend