ABILENE, Texas (KTAB) – The Facebook group ‘Medical Mask Force of Abilene’ is hundreds of members strong but is recruiting as many crafters as it can to help local medical professionals on the frontline of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The group is asking that anyone who can donate money and fabric, cut fabric, sew masks, or transport materials throughout the Abilene sewing network to reach out to the group’s Facebook page to aid in the mask-making effort.
If you have completed masks you’re welcome to drop donations off at : West Texas Rehabilitation Center, Hendrick Medical Center (visit this link for exact details), and the Betty Hardwick Center – future drop off locations will be shared on the group’s Facebook page.
- Hendrick Health System informs patients of what to do after security threat
- IRS delays start of tax season to Feb. 12
- Willie Nelson gets COVID-19 vaccine, wants everyone to ‘take care of yourself and others’
- Third stimulus check: Here’s when you might get a $1,400 direct payment
- COVID-19 case in Texas House forces exposed members to quarantine