ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A total of 130 people, including inmates and employees, have tested positive for COVID-19 at the Middleton and Robertson prison units as of 6 p.m. Thursday.
According to the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) website, 62 inmates and 10 employees at the Middleton unit have tested positive, while 42 inmates and 16 employees at the Robertson unit have contracted the virus.
On Wednesday, Middleton reported 60 inmates and 10 employees who were positive for the virus, while positive cases at Robertson included 42 inmates and 16 employees.
- Abilene organization holds weeklong prayer event to help fight human trafficking
- Small numbers of protesters gather at fortified US capitols
- Biden team preps for inauguration while lawmakers look ahead to impeachment trial of President Trump
- 95 new COVID-19 cases in Taylor County, 68 recoveries
- State of Texas: Time of tension at the Capitol