BELLAIRE, Texas (AP) — Prosecutors say a minor has been charged with manslaughter in the fatal shooting of a 16-year-old student at a Texas high school.
The minor and another person were arrested about 3 1/2 hours after the Tuesday afternoon shooting at a high school in Bellaire, a suburb southwest of Houston.
The Harris County District Attorney’s Office says the minor could not be identified because of privacy laws, and authorities haven’t released even basic non-identifying information about the alleged shooter, including the person’s age and sex.
The Houston Independent School District canceled classes Wednesday.
- US lawmakers introduce bill to encourage preventive health care
- Feds offer $460 million in public transportation grants
- Coronavirus recovery: Lawmakers on both sides of aisle pushing help for small businesses
- House passes bill to establish Latino museum on the National Mall
- Delays in test results continue to plague Texans as Gov. Abbott says state is working on quicker turnaround