SNYDER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – On August 19, the Snyder Police Department, along with other crews, responded to a fire at Western Texas College (WTC).

At 11:17 a.m., a fire was reported on WTC campus, prompting a swift response from multiple agencies. When crews arrived on the scene, they located a fire in the attic of the Clinton Dorm. Two rooms were damaged.

No injuries were reported, but three firefighters are being treated by EMS for heat injuries. The cause of the fire was due to a phone charger power pack that had been thrown away after it no longer worked.

BigCountryHomepage will update if additional information is provided.