BURLINGTON, Mass. (AP) — Massachusetts authorities say a Buffalo Wild Wings employee has died and at least 10 people have been hospitalized following a chemical mixture at the restaurant.
WHDH-TV reports officials responding Thursday night to reports of a chemical reaction in the kitchen area found a male employee suffering from nausea.
Burlington police say they think he inhaled fumes from a cleaning agent.
The employee, whose name wasn’t immediately released, was taken to a hospital where he later died.
Authorities evacuated the restaurant and urged anyone who was inside at the time to get medical treatment, if needed.
A Buffalo Wild Wings statement says the company is “shocked and saddened” and working with the franchisee and authorities.
The suburban Boston sports bar will remain closed while the investigation continues.
- Eula defeats Westbrook, moves to State Semifinals
- ACU men and women sweep UIW in season finale
- Poet Amanda Gorman said she was targeted by security guard: ‘One day an icon, the next a threat’
- Senate approves President Biden’s COVID-19 relief plan, headed back to House for final approval
- Spring break canceled across the country for thousands of college students