MINNEAPOLIS, ST. PAUL, Minn. (WCCO/CNN) – A 5-year-old boy thrown off a balcony this spring not only survived – he made a miraculous recovery.
He’s now back in school and loves it, and he’s walking perfectly.
But getting to that point wasn’t easy.
This April, little Landen was at the Mall of America in Minnesota with his mom when police say Emmanuel Aranda picked him up and threw him over the railing from the third floor.
Aranda told police he wanted to kill an adult but that “didn’t work out” so he chose Landen instead.
He told police he’d spent a lot of time at the mall and just lashed out because women he hit on rejected him.
Aranda was sentenced to 19 years in prison.
Landen was in the hospital for months and went through extensive physical therapy.
The family-run GoFundMe for Landen has been keeping folks updated on his progress.
- Wake-Up Weather: Cold front this morning brings chilly temps, gusty winds, and a few showers and storms
- Heroes recognized at Abilene Police Department for saving lives
- City of Abilene says new smart meters providing accurate reads
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Eagles happy to have their coach back