HARTFORD, S.D. (KELO) — A 6-week-old baby died after suffering several dog bite wounds on Thursday evening in South Dakota, the Minnehaha County Sheriff’s Office announced.
The child was flown by helicopter to a hospital but later died, according to authorities.
The dog involved was a Belgian Malinois and was a family pet. The dog has been taken to the Sioux Falls Area Humane Society.
According to the American Kennel Club, the Belgian Malinois breed typically stands 22 to 26 inches tall and is “strong and well-muscled.”
- Sister Norma, a South Texas icon, named among Time’s 100 Most Influential People of 2020
- Enter For Your Chance To Win Orthodontic Services Worth $6000
- Mail delivery lags behind targets as election nears, internal documents show
- Games go on, but many traditions on hold in college football
- Over 256K saws sold at Lowe’s recalled for remaining on when switched off