(KARE) Married as teens, Bob and Corinne Johnson lived 68 years together. On Tuesday they were laid to rest together after dying 33 hours apart.
“They went on their terms,” Brent Johnson, Bob and Corinne’s youngest son, says.
Both Bob and Corinne grew up within three miles of the Minnesota dairy farm on which they raised their seven children.
Until six months ago, the couple still lived independently in the small farm home.
Bob’s decline started first – from cancer – but Corrine joined him in the hospital with congestive heart failure.
He was 88.
She was 87
Days before she passed, Corinne kissed her husband and whispered, “I love you.”
“When mom passed, they pulled the curtain between the two beds, he just stared at the curtain,” Beth Kinkeade, the Johnson’s daughter, says.
Read more: http://bit.ly/34PRiux
- Breckenridge boomtown days chronicled by famous photographer
- Hampton Roads native looking toward Tokyo Olympics; focusing on mental game during pandemic
- Court: Texas, Louisiana can end Planned Parenthood funding
- Texas communities grapple with COVID-19 ordinances over mask wearing
- Advocates call on Gov. Abbott for bigger rent relief package