VISALIA, California (KSEE/KGPE) – The two 13-year-olds accused of starting the deadly Porterville library fire have been charged with murder with special circumstances, according to the Tulare County District Attorney’s Office.
Tuesday’s fire claimed the lives of Porterville Fire Captain Raymond Figueroa, 35, and Firefighter Patrick Jones, 25.
In a statement Friday, the DA’s office said that the teenagers are also facing arson-related charges.
The unidentified minors have both denied the charges against them. They are scheduled to return to juvenile court on March 11.
- Saturday, April 4: A rainy, chilly day reminiscent of the autumn season. Abilene reached a high temperature of 44 degrees
- Saturday Evening Forecast: On and off again rain chances as we introduce the month of April.
- Mayor Williams uses Facebook live to talk COVID-19
- Brown County Health Department reports 1 confirmed COVID-19 case, total of 5
- Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announces loaded 2020 class