LEE COUNTY, Fla. – A Florida man received a lot of attention online after he was recorded cursing out a woman who asked him to comply with Costco’s policy requiring face coverings.
The altercation happened on June 27. Costco rules say you have to wear a face covering at all times inside its stores – a rule that applies to both employees and shoppers.
The person who recorded the incident told WINK news that an elderly woman inside the store asked the man to put on a mask. The man then started yelling and harassing the older woman.
When the person filming them cut in, the man started yelling at him.
The Ted Todd insurance agency in Bonita Springs, Florida, said the man in the video is a former employee and the company fired him when social media users alerted them to the video. They said the behavior is in direct conflict with the company values.
The county sheriff’s office said it’s aware of the incident.
- 41 new COVID-19 cases and 63 recoveries reported in Taylor Co.
- McDonald’s debuts new menu item — three times over
- The importance of journalism and diversity in news organizations: A virtual discussion with 3 broadcast legends
- Missouri family searches for cat after he jumps into the back of a delivery truck
- ExxonMobil contractor fired after displaying noose to coworker