YORK COUNTY, Maine (WJW) — A police dog helped reunite a missing child with her parents on Monday.
According to a post on the Maine State Police Facebook page, K-9 Dutch and Trooper Zachary Fancy were requested by the York County Sheriff’s Office to track a kindergartener who had run off into the woods during recess.
State police said K-9 Dutch began the track from the child’s jacket. He continued deeper into the woods and thick brush.
The post said that after Dutch tracked for over half a mile, he began showing signs the child wasn’t far away.
K-9 Dutch continued tracking and found the child sitting on a rock with no shoes, crying.
Troopers brought the child out of the woods and she was reunited with her parents.
- ACU’s Brette Tanner; ‘Right man for this job’
- Texas truck driver indicted in deaths of 8 migrants in crash
- Baylor refuses title Jeep after dealer’s insensitive remark
- How much excess medical waste is created by COVID-19 vaccinations?
- Segunda presunta víctima de Jeffrey Forest dice que las denuncias de abuso sexual fueron rechazadas por el Dpto. de Policía de Abilene cuando tenia 6 años