YORK COUNTY, Maine (WJW) — A police dog helped reunite a missing child with her parents on Monday.
According to a post on the Maine State Police Facebook page, K-9 Dutch and Trooper Zachary Fancy were requested by the York County Sheriff’s Office to track a kindergartener who had run off into the woods during recess.
State police said K-9 Dutch began the track from the child’s jacket. He continued deeper into the woods and thick brush.
The post said that after Dutch tracked for over half a mile, he began showing signs the child wasn’t far away.
K-9 Dutch continued tracking and found the child sitting on a rock with no shoes, crying.
Troopers brought the child out of the woods and she was reunited with her parents.
- Dodgers rally to beat Rays, capture first World Series title since 1988
- President Trump’s campaign website hacked in cryptocurrency scam
- Abilene Salvation Army seeing more guests escaping the cold while practicing COVID-19 safety measures
- Will online learning be the end of snow days?
- Protests, looting in Philadelphia after police fatally shoot Black man Walter Wallace Jr.