COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (AP) — A 65-year-old Colorado man is jailed after witnesses say he robbed a bank in Colorado Springs, walked outside and threw money out of the bag and then said “Merry Christmas.”
The man walked to the coffee shop next door, “sat down and waited for the cops,” witness Dion Pascale told KKTV.
Bystanders picked up the money and gave it back to the bank teller, Pascale said.
Colorado Springs police say a man walked into Academy Bank just before 12:30 p.m. Monday, claimed to have a weapon in his pocket and took cash.
El Paso County jail records indicate the man’s bail is set at $10,000 and is scheduled to appear in court on Thursday afternoon.
It’s not clear if any charges have been filed.
- Texas groups promote varying voter guides ahead of March primary
- Abilene Youth Sports Authority opens doors on new facility
- Former dean says Logsdon finances were healthy
- Abilene Philharmonic announces winners of Jerry Herman Masterclass
- Money Moment: The advantages of a First Bank Texas First Cash Account