(CNN NEWSSOURCE)– Video game and electronics company Nintendo says 300,000 of their customer accounts have been hacked.
The video game company first discovered the breach in April, revealing hackers had been using Nintendo network IDs without permission.
Originally nintendo said only 160-thousand accounts were involved, but it has revised the number after continuing its investigation.
Nintendo says only a small number of the hacked accounts were used to make fraudulent purchases and refunds to those customers are nearly complete.
The company is e-mailing affected users, urging them to change their passwords.
- After summer shortage, Texas nursing homes are almost caught up on healthcare supplies
- Big Country tow truck drivers stay busy during Tuesday morning storm
- More than 7.8 million Texans have voted. Which counties are seeing the highest turnout?
- Griffen traded to Detroit Lions
- Texas overtakes California with most coronavirus infections