PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — A fourth-grader at Holcomb Elementary School in Oregon City died by suicide on Tuesday.
Oregon City School District Superintendent Larry Didway posted a notice to families about the death on Wednesday. He said the boy’s family gave the district permission to share his cause of death.
He said psychologists and members of a Crisis Response Team would be at the school this week to support students.
The schools is also holding an event for parents on Friday morning at 8:15 a.m. about how to talk to young children about death and suicide.
If you or someone needs help, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- AIDS survivor shares his experience on World AIDS Day
- Abilene’s First Zoo: A brief history of Oscar Rose Park
- Terror, hate-crime counts mulled for Texas suspects in Vegas for 2-state rampage
- Deadline extended for expired vehicle registrations in Texas
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record