PORTLAND, Ore. (KOIN) — The first shooting call of 2020 in Washington County, Oregon, came after a Bethany woman shot through her own phone and into her neighbor’s wall.
Washington County Deputies started the new year off by responding to the call at a condo building in North Bethany.
Washington County Sheriff’s Deputies don’t know just what the woman was doing with the phone when she shot it but believe she was holding it in a selfie-like position based on the angle.
The woman’s neighbor was reportedly home but thankfully, was not in the room that was on the receiving end of the bullet. No person was hurt — but the same cannot be said for the phone.
The suspect was identified as 35-year-old Rosemarie Ancharski. She was arrested and is facing charges of reckless endangering and unlawful use of a weapon.
- Big Country UPS driver retires after 32 years
- Caso Breonna Taylor: Protestas contra decisión del jurado en el caso
- Cougars open season with loss to Odessa Permian
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday