ORLANDO, Fla. (WFLA) — A theme park worker has died after falling 200 feet from the Orlando Starflyer attraction on Monday, according to the Orange County Sheriff’s Office.
The 21-year-old man was performing a safety check when he fell to his death shortly before 8 a.m., authorities said on Monday.
Fire officials said the man fell 200 feet and struck a platform below the attraction. He was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
The Orange County Sheriff’s Office is conducting a death investigation, according to WESH.
The 450-foot attraction opened in 2018.
No other details were available.
- Terror, hate-crime counts mulled for Texas suspects in Vegas for 2-state rampage
- Deadline extended for expired vehicle registrations in Texas
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in US soar to new daily record
- Cougars still trying to improve in open week after earning district title
- Abilene High maintained momentum into the postseason with big win in finale