The National Basketball Association (NBA) has suspended the remainder of the season after a player tested positive for COVID-19.
Rudy Gobert, center for the Utah Jazz, tested positive for the virus Wednesday.
The league says they will use the time during the suspension to determine their next steps in dealing with what the World Health Organization has labeled a pandemic.
See the full NBA statement below:
NBA To Suspend Season Following Tonight's Games pic.twitter.com/2PTx2fkLlW— NBA (@NBA) March 12, 2020
- The 2021 summer COVID case surge is already worse than 2020’s. How is that possible?
- Tennessee won’t incentivize COVID shots, but pays to vaccinate cows
- US reaches 70% vaccination goal — a month late, amid surge
- Jamaica’s Thompson-Herah speeds to 2nd Olympic sprint sweep
- Tuesday, August 3, 2021: Another pleasant day with below normal temperatures