ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A mobile home in North Abilene is being dismantled after catching fire for the second time in the same day.
Crews got the call shortly after 6 p.m. Thursday to a working fire in the 2800 block of Pine Street.
A backhoe was called to the scene to dismantle the home so it would not start burning again.
No one was home at the time of the fire, but the Red Cross is assisting the resident.
Fire officials say a hot spot from the first fire flamed up, causing the second one.
There is currently no word on the cause of the initial fire.
- Texas AG threatens lawsuit after DHS puts halt on immigration deportations
- Historic restoration of old Taylor County Courthouse underway
- United Supermarkets donates 1,000 pairs of socks to Abilene Salvation Army
- Abilene mayor withdraws from consideration for city manager in small Washington town
- War Hawks and Cowboys excited for football in February and March