NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City police detective who monitors sex offenders has been arrested on sex abuse charges involving a 12-year-old girl.
Police say 37-year-old Detective Juan Jimenez is accused of groping and trying to kiss the girl inside his Brooklyn apartment building.
Jimenez was arrested on charges of sex abuse, forcible touching and acting in a matter injurious to a child. It’s not clear if he has an attorney who can speak for him.
Police say Jimenez has been suspended pending the outcome of his own case.
- Trump rule may mean 1 million kids lose automatic free lunch
- 1,700 wreaths needed for Wreaths Across America
- Search warrant executed at Ezekiel Elliott’s father’s home after Serval cat shot, killed
- VIDEO: oficial de APD captado en cámara deteniendo el tráfico ayudando a un adulto mayor a cruzar la calle
- HSU picked 2nd, HPU picked 3rd, and McMurry picked 5th in Women’s ASC West