LUBBOCK, Texas (AP) — Police in Lubbock say a man who opened fire on two police officers was fatally shot when the officers returned gunfire.
Police say the officers were investigating reports of a man checking door handles on vehicles in a neighborhood Sunday on the southwest side of the city when the man ran before turning and firing at one officer.
Police say both officers returned fire, killing 30-year-old Drew Nichols Wallace-Flores.
- Bridge over Catclaw Creek on North 18th closed for foreseeable future
- Biden administration asks Congress to pass COVID-19 relief bill
- KRBC Thursday Evening Forecast: Brief break from rain tomorrow with more rain possible this weekend
- Brown Co. reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, 97th death
- Border wall construction goes on in spite of Biden mandate to stop it