The man accused of killing Fort Hood Pfc. Brandon Rosecrans tried to blame someone else for the murder, according to a newly released arrest affidavit.
Brandon Michael Olivares was charged with the soldier’s murder Wednesday
Police found the 27-year-old’s body in the 2100 block of Fuller Lane in Harker Heights on May 18. Officers found his vehicle on fire a few blocks away.
In the arrest affidavit, detectives say Olivares first claimed another person, Jai Smith, killed Rosecrans while they were driving back from San Antonio where they had bought illegal drugs.
Investigators say they obtained the phone records for all three men to check that story. They say Smith’s phones never left Killeen that night.
They also say Smith’s girlfriend told detectives that Olivares claimed he shot and killed Rosecrans for trying to rape his girlfriend.
You can read the entire arrest affidavit here:
Olivares is in the Bell County Jail on a $1,000,000 bond. He was already in jail when he was charged with murder.
In 2017, Olivares was at the center of a stand-off in Killeen. It started when police officers tried to arrest him outside a house on York Avenue.
Police say Olivares resisted several times and barricaded himself inside a home before surrendering an hour later.
- Second stimulus checks: Where we stand after Trump’s push for new direct payments
- ‘Dewgarita’: How to make the Mountain Dew margarita Red Lobster’s now serving
- Family of Kenosha victim says he ‘sacrificed’ himself, blasts suggestions he ‘deserved to die’
- Celebrities react to death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- CDC issues Halloween 2020 guidelines, color-coded coronavirus risk map